The goal of our classes is to give you an introduction to pottery. We want you to learn what it takes to throw a pot, but it's just as important to us that you have a good experience.
We have a spacious and well-lit classroom. You will have your own shelf on which to store your tools and work. We provide the tools, buckets, and towels you need for the class. We also have open studio time during our office hours so you can come in and practice what you learned in your class.
The following is a list of the classes and activities we offer.
Our January 2023 beginning pottery and part 2 classes filled in less than 10 minutes after registration opened. If you would like to be notified when registraion opens for our March/April classes, please Join Our Email List.
If none of our classes fit your schedule or you are looking to expand your skills beyond the basics, there are several Metro Area Art Centers that offer cearmic instruction. Many of these places offer both begining and advanced classes; as well as, classes for both children and adults. We encourage you to check out what they have to offer.
- Artistry (formerly known as the Bloomington Art Center), Bloomington, MN (952-563-8575)
- Eden Prairie Art Center, Eden Prairie, MN (952-949-8304)
- Hopkins Community Education, Hopkins, MN (952-988-4070)
- Minnetonka Center for the Arts, Wayzata, MN (952-473-7361)
- Northern Clay Center, Minneapolis, MN (612-339-8007)
- Rumriver Art Center, Anoka, MN (763-323-8830)
- The Cracked Pot Studio, Minneapolis, MN (952-465-8654)
- The Workshop Mpls, Minneapolis, MN (612-729-2401)
- White Bear Center for the Arts, White Bear Lake, MN (651-407-0597)
If you are just looking to get more practice, we encourage you to check out our Studio Memberships as a way to keep working without instruction.