Beginning Pottery Part 2
If you know how to throw a bowl and a cylinder and are ready to move beyond the basics, Beginning Pottery Part 2 is for you.
Students will be encouraged to come to class with a self-proposed project to work on over the course of 6 weeks. The instructor will provide demonstrations of somewhat more advanced ideas based on the work students are interested in making.
The class will meet once a week for 2½ hours. Included in the cost is 25 lbs. of clay, limited glaze firing, and open studio time during our office hours to practice what you are learning. Fired Up Studios provide basic tools kits for use during class.
Class Size: Minimum 4 / Maximum 9
Beginning Pottery Part 2 Class Rates **
Depending on individual projects, students may find they need more clay or firing space than we provide. Since we do not wish to restrict how much work you can make, we allow you to make as much as you would like for an additional fee. Please note that large items will cost extra to fire.
Possible Additional Fees **
Clay: $18 per 25 lb. bag
Glaze Firing (Cone 6 or 10)
Base Rate: $12 per square foot
Maximum size: 2 feet in any dimension
- Add $5 per item over 9" tall but under 12" tall
- Add $10 per item over 12" wide/tall but under 18" wide/tall
- Add $15 per item over 18" wide/tall but under 24" wide/tall
- Stuffers (items under 3" in any dimension): 1/4 square allowed at no additional fee. Add $1 per additional 1/4 square.
Time: 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Begin Date: 11/04/21
End Date: 12/16/21
There will be no class on Thurs, Nov 25
If you have questions, please call us at 612-852-2787.
Due to the restrictions of social distancing, we have made a few changes to our Class policies. Please remember the following rules:
- Classes are adults only (18+)
- Classes have a maximum attendance of 9 students
We will not allow overbooking of the classes.
- Face masks are required for customers who have not been vaccinated.
Masks are optional if you are fully vaccinated. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your last shot.
- Hand sanitizer will also be available in the classroom
- We are committed to cleaning the studio daily to keep surfaces sanitized.
- Wear clothes that you can get dirty, this includes shoes.
- Review our Classroom Rules and Responsibilities
- If you cancel:
- 1 week prior to the 1st class session, you will be refunded for the class fee minus a $50 administration fee.
- If you cancel before the 2nd class session, the administration fee increases to $100. The remaining class fee will be refunded to you.
- No refunds will be given after the start of the 2nd class session.
- If Fired Up Studios cancels the class or you send your registration and the class fills before it is received, you will be given the option of registering for the next Beginning Pottery class or receive a full refund.
* Pottery tools, buckets, and towels are available for you to use while you are enrolled in a class, but are not yours to keep. Please leave your tools at Fired Up Studios for other students to use.
** Class schedules and pricing are subject to change. The listed class rates do not include the online booking fees.