COVID-19 Studio Rules
As of January 01, 2022, we are requring all members and customers to wear a face mask reguardless of your vaccination status. We will continue to monitor variant and break-through cases and adjust our policies in compliance with recommendations from the CDC and the State of MN.
The information below is our COVID response plan from the height of the pandemic. While we have loosened most of these restrictions, we will revert to our previous policies if it becomes necessary.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have reorganized the studio so our members can maintain social distancing. We have also established new rules for our members to ensure we can keep the studio clean and sanitized. It is vitally important that as a member of Fired Up Studios you follow the new rules. If we cannot maintain these standards, we might have to employ additional restrictions to the studio or to close Fired Up Studios again.
- All members need to wear masks when in the studio. These can be handmade cloth masks. If you don't wear a mask, we will ask you to leave.
- Members must maintain social distancing. The studio is big enough to provide the required social distancing if a few changes are followed. We expect you to be self-policing and give each other the required 6 ft of space when going to your shelves and moving around the studio. We have marked certain areas of the studio with blue or yellow tape and/or orange signs to help you with this.
- Wash your hands: for at least 20 seconds with soap.
- Reminder: If you feel ill, please do not come in. This isn't new and applies to any illness, not just COVID-19.
To help you remember these new rules, our staff will remind members of what their responsibilities are to maintain the new studio standards.
The following list addresses how social distancing and cleaning affect each area of the studio:
- We have placed wheels in main area, back area, and classroom 6 feet apart.
- Classroom wheels are available to our members when there is no class in session. You will need to move out of the classroom when a class is running.
- Please note that for social distancing, we only have two sinks available (the center sink has been marked "Do Not Use"). You may need to wait your turn to use the sink to clean up. Please do not leave items in the sink. If you are not actively cleaning up at the sink, it should be open for the next person to use.
- Only two people can work at the large worktables at a time. Work on the ends, not on the sides (the tables are only 4 ft wide, but over 6 ft long).
- We have removed some of the cutting wires to help create a safe distance. The wedging table is only 4 ft. wide so place yourselves diagonally from each other.
- We have marked the tables with blue tape to indicate 6-foot distances and added "work here" marks. If everyone works on the side of the table with the "work here" notes, you will be 6 feet from people working at the next row of tables. Do not work across from each other at the same table. There is only room for 4 or 5 people to work in the glaze area at a time.
- Please be courteous of others who are also glazing. Help each other find the glazes you are looking for and step aside for other members to get the glaze they need to use. Pull the glaze to your work area, use it, and then move it back. This keeps you working in one area and not spread across the entire glaze area.
- Do not stand at the sinks to work - for example, when wiping glaze off your pieces, get a bucket of water and bring it to your work area. This frees up the sink area for anyone else who needs to access it.
Picking up & dropping off work - this applies to greenware, bisque, glazed, and finished work
- Please practice social distancing when picking up or dropping off work at a time. Use a cart to gather up all your work and then move out of the shelving area for the next person.
- Only one person can be in the chat area at a time.
- Wash your hands before use to remove clay and glaze.
- After use, wash your hands again (at least 20 seconds with soap).
- Then wipe down the faucet & handle, toilet seat & flush handle, and doorknobs with a disenfecting wipe.
Shared private studios
It is important that you talk with your studio mate to make sure you are not using your private studios at the same time.
One last note if we feel that the studio is too crowded, we will ask people to wait in their cars until someone leaves. We don't think this is going to be a problem, but with limited room for glazing, we wanted to mention it just in case.
Our goal is to let members back into the studio in a safe way. We know for many members working in the studio is a much-needed mental break, so we are hoping that being partially open will give you that opportunity. We hope these new rules will keep everyone safe and able to keep making pottery.
Along with these new rules we ask for your patience. Our intent with the new environment is to keep everyone safe and healthy.